Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
The 2017 Millstone Township Fire District budget was approved by a vote of 163 to 54.
212 residents came to the poll to vote, plus 10 absentee ballots were received, for a total of 222 voters.
Two full-term seats on the Board of Fire Commissioner were up for election:
Marie Reed received 129 votes, Genevieve Semanchik received 119 votes, and Russell Taylor received 91 votes.
In addition, the ballot included one seat on the Board for 1 year remaining of an incomplete term.
Anthony Marra received 149 votes. No other candidates ran for the seat.
"On behalf of the Board of Fire Commissioners, I would like to thank everyone who came out to vote. We are grateful for the support from the residents of Millstone Township."
David Markunas - Chairman
Thursday, February 16, 2017
- Attend and take minutes during board meetings.
- Prepare minutes and distribute copies electronically and in print, along with appropriate attachments to all board members at least 5 days prior to the next meeting.
- Post approved minutes and meeting agendas to website.
- File reports and minutes in the secretary’s book.
- Prepare material for meetings: notices, resolutions, agenda, and related reports.
- Maintain and retrieve records, facts, and minutes of the official business of the Fire District.
- Handle personal or confidential mail.
- Take attendance at meetings.
- Keep an updated listing of Board Members and key personnel including phone contacts and e-mail addresses.
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
The 2017 fire district budget vote and fire commissioner election will be held on Saturday, February 18, 2017 from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Please vote at the firehouse at 461 Stagecoach Road in Clarksburg.
Applications for absentee ballots can be requested from the County Clerk's Office through their website at http://www.
Residents having any questions about the budget are encouraged to contact David Markunas, Chairman of the Board of Fire Commissioners, at firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Budget Presentation